Hello! My name is Carrie A. Mitchell and I am a writer, host, producer and brand & communications strategist. In 2015 I founded Sonder Communications: a creative communications, content and brand shop specializing in media, tech, hospitality, travel & lifestyle brands.
In 2017, I launched L’Aventure Travel Media to share female-driven conversations on global travel, culture and news through podcasts, video and branded content (I currently host pods “Suitcase Sojourn” and “Caftan Mondays“). I also wrote a children’s book dedicated to my niece & nephew titled “To Be We: The Adventures of Owen and Lucy” to introduce concepts of travel and culture to preschool kids.
Raised between Alberta and Colorado, I moved to New York City in 2000 after graduating from the University of British Columbia for an internship at Seventeen Magazine. Travel and culture are the predominant focus of my work & writing, and while I have travelled to over 40 countries, and spent time residing in Vancouver, Shanghai and Paris for various projects, I divide my time between New York City + Los Angeles.
My portfolio includes work with Condé Nast, Hearst, The New Yorker, Forbes, Strategic Hospitality Group, Wolfgang Puck, Moët Hennessy, Tiffany & Co, Nicole Miller, Canadian Tourism Commission, Discover America, Marriott Hotels, Four Seasons Hotels and Rodeo Drive, where she served on the Board of Directors. Carrie’s editorial and multimedia work has appeared in New York Magazine, Vogue, Hello Giggles, Huffington Post, Blackbook, and Haute Living.
Want to stay connected? Here’s what you can do:
- Say “hello” at email@example.com
- See my daily life & travels over on Instagram
- Read my opinions & cultural observations on Twitter and/or Medium
- Let’s talk business on Linkedin or at Sonder Communications
- Listen to my podcasts Suitcase Sojourn or Caftan Mondays
- Sign up for our L’Aventure Travel newsletter
- Have kids in your life? Consider buying my book “To Be We” about travel for the preschool set