Carrie A. Mitchell is a writer, host, communications & brand strategist, and content creator. In 2015 she founded¬†Sonder Communications:¬†a¬†creative and brand shop specializing in travel, media, tech, & lifestyle brands.
In 2017, she co-founded¬†L’Aventure Travel¬†Media to share female-driven conversations on global travel, culture and news through podcasts, video and branded content partnerships. She also wrote a children’s book (dedicated to her niece & nephew) titled¬†“To Be We”¬†to introduce concepts of travel and culture to preschool kids.
Raised between Alberta and Colorado, Carrie moved to New York City in 2000 after graduating from the University of British Columbia, for an internship at Seventeen Magazine. Travel and culture are the predominant¬†focus of her work & writing, and while she has also spent time residing in Vancouver, Shanghai and Paris for various projects, she is currently lives in New York City + Los Angeles.
Her portfolio includes work with Cond√© Nast, Hearst, The New Yorker, Forbes, Strategic Hospitality Group, Wolfgang Puck, Mo√ęt Hennessy, Tiffany & Co, Nicole Miller, Canadian Tourism Commission, Discover America, Marriott Hotels, Four Seasons Hotels and Rodeo Drive, where she served on the Board of Directors. Carrie’s editorial and multimedia work has appeared in New York Magazine, Vogue, Hello Giggles, Huffington Post, Blackbook, and Haute Living.
- Amberlair: Boholover Q&A
- Travel Tip Tuesday at L’Aventure Travel
- ABC: Planning & booking trips using social media
- CBS News: Trip Planning Using Social Media
- E Magazine Executive Profile
- Glitter Guide Holiday Must Have’s
- Around the World TV: Valentine‚Äôs Day
- ABC Pretty Woman ¬†25th Anniversary
- Travel + Leisure SMITTY award for Individual Hotel Social Media of the Year
- Four Seasons Pinnacle Award ‚ÄúBest in Class‚ÄĚ for Public Relations & Social Media (Americas)
- Luxury Daily ‚ÄėTop 10 social luxury video‚ÄĚ for Beverly Wilshire