Carrie A. Mitchell is a writer, content creator, and communications strategist. In 2015 she founded Sonder Communications: a creative integrated communications agency specializing in travel, hospitality & lifestyle brands.
Raised between Alberta and Colorado, Carrie moved to New York City in 2000 after graduating from the University of British Columbia, for an internship at Seventeen Magazine. Travel and Culture are the predominant focus of her work & writing, and while she has also spent time residing in Los Angeles, Vancouver, Shanghai and Paris for various projects, it is her beloved NYC that will always be home.
Her portfolio includes work with Conde Nast, Forbes, French Connection, The New Yorker, Canadian Tourism Commission, Rodeo Drive and Four Seasons Hotels. Carrie’s editorial and multimedia work has appeared in New York Magazine, Vogue, Huffington Post, Blackbook, Haute Living, and in 2017 wrote a children’s book titled “To Be We”. To read more about her travel, visit the blog or podcast at L’Aventure Travel.
- Amberlair: Boholover Q&A
- ABC: Planning & booking trips using social media
- CBS News: Trip Planning Using Social Media
- E Magazine Executive Profile
- Glitter Guide Holiday Must Have’s
- Around the World TV: Valentine’s Day
- ABC Pretty Woman 25th Anniversary
- Travel + Leisure SMITTY award for Individual Hotel Social Media of the Year
- Four Seasons Pinnacle Award “Best in Class” for Public Relations & Social Media (Americas)
- Luxury Daily ‘Top 10 social luxury video” for Beverly Wilshire